Osteopathy is an adjustive manual therapy that requires an extensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology. It bases itself on several principles, amongst them being that the body and its systems work as a unit, and need to be treated as such.
Osteopathy does not simply treat symptoms; it addresses the root causes of the dysfunction by treating the body as a complete unit of function. A balanced body will allow for proper physiological functioning, thus promoting health and well-being throughout the multiple systems of the body. Osteopathy helps bring this balance about.
Osteopathy utilizes many manipulations that are common to all manual therapies, including massage therapy and physiotherapy. Treatment is done gently and slowly, is generally pain free and takes the entire body into account.
Please wear the same clothing you would wear if you were going to a fitness class.
In light of recent developments related to our community response to COVID-19, I would ask that you read the following screening questions before booking or coming in for your appointment.
Please consider rescheduling or delaying your appointment if you answer yes to any of the following questions.
Have you had close contact with anyone with acute respiratory illness or travelled outside of Ontario in the past 14 days?
Do you have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID -19?
Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- New onset of cough
- Worsening chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
- Unexplained fatigue/ malaise/ muscle aches
- Nausea/ vomiting/ diarrhea/ abdominal pain
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Runny nose/ nasal congestion without other known cause
When you arrive at the clinic, please observe the following:
- Please wear a face mask, if possible, and particularly if you are at risk of exposure to COVID-19:
- Eg. health care worker, grocery store employee, food processing plant employee.
- Please wash/sanitize your hands upon arrival
- Family members should not accompany you into the clinic, unless essential.
Lynn teaches yoga privately.